Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Beginnings!

Alright! Here I go! The beginning of something I've contemplated for a long time.
At times (even moments) I'm apprehensive to share my thoughts with the world outside of myself. More often than not I've concerned myself  with what others might think of me. Rejection, fear and abandonment have all played a part in that! Experience, time, and age have been changing me and  I'm beginning to be less and less concerned with that. Those who know me understand me and those who don't..well..I guess they don't! =)

Anyway, I decided to name this blog..."Time in a Bottle" because when I think of all the memories I have that I wish I could capture and freeze for an eternity it always makes me think of the song by Jim Croce.

Memories....good or bad have an effect on us that can last us a lifetime. I cherish the good ones because they help me through the bad ones, and the bad ones...welll... they have their place too! Call them bad or call them challenges...they are what have shaped me into the person that I am. I don't always like them, but I know my Father in heaven loves me and I will thank Him in ALL that I must journey through! I venture to say that time is in a bottle to Him also... compared to His eternity!

Challenges or Cherished times...I'm thankful for it all! I'm thankful most of all for His love and the love of those He has placed into my life. Memories are such a precious gift for this "Time in a Bottle"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tina! Great idea! Love the theme and the song! Croce and this particular song got me thinking about things a long time ago... Still thinking as a matter of fact! :>) Perfect fit for your blog! ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday I'll be as good of a writer as you? You're definitely a mentor to me and have caused me to be a thinker in sooo many ways! I am blessed! Thank you, Ron!

    ReplyDelete